Our mission, in partnership with parents and the community, is to foster the social, personal, and academic development of students so they may become productive individuals who respect diversity, demonstrate civic responsibility, and value life-long learning. Griffith Middle School will, therefore, offer a balanced and challenging standards-based curriculum that demands excellence from students and staff.
All members of the Griffith Middle School community will achieve personal success in their learning as our students become responsible and productive citizens in the 21st century.
Griffith Middle School & The National Middle School Association believe successful schools for young adolescents are characterized by a culture that includes:
- Educators who value working with this age group and are prepared to do so.
- Courageous, collaborative leadership.
- An inviting, supportive, and safe environment.
- A shared vision that guides decisions.
- High expectations for every member of the learning community.
- Students and teachers engaged in active learning.
- An adult advocate for every student.
- School-initiated family and community partnerships.
Therefore, Griffith, as a school committed to young adolescents, will provide:
- Curriculum that relevant, challenging, integrative, and exploratory.
- Multiple learning and teaching approaches that respond to their diversity.
- Assessment and evaluation programs that promote quality learning.
- Organizational structures that support meaningful relationships and learning.
- School-wide efforts and policies that foster health, wellness, and safety.
- Multifaceted guidance and support services.