SDMC Meeting Minutes 9/17/15
(preliminary- pending SDMC approval at next meeting)
In attendance: M. Wernette, F. Valderrama, H. Lopez, G. Gee, M. Soto, V. Flores C. Green, R. Ruiz, Y. Alaniz, N. Quintana, A. Ramos, Y. Navarro, J. Woodward – via telephone
3:25pm meeting started
Open Forum – no speakers
1) Item Lunch Schedule:
Discussion – There was a discussion regarding issues with students not having enough time for lunch.
Staff members discussed the need to stay with one lunch to maintain good supervision, because there was not enough staff for 2 lunches. It was agreed upon that no changes would be made at this time; however, the school would continue to look into ways to shorten the times it was taking the students to enter their codes and move though the lunch lines.
2) Item Minimum Days:
Changes to Proposal Schedule for minimum days
There was a discussion about the need to have 2 minimum days for Jane Shaffer Webinars or similar type staff training.
It was decided to use one Tuesday PD time plus faculty meeting time for one of the trainings. A minimum day would be used for the other training.
The following minimum day schedule was voted on and passed.
Ms. Lopez proposed, Ms. Ruiz seconded
Vote was 8 yes, 1 Abstained, 1 No
1. Thursday, October 29, 2015 parent conferences 1:30 to 5pm
2. Friday October 30, 2015, 12:33 dismissal after PHABO parent conferences
3. Monday December 14, 2015 teachers will have the flexibility to choose to do individual or group prep work on matters of their choosing (i.e. work on final semester grades, technology, gate, CCSS, special ed/gen ed collaboration, organizing, planning.)
4. December 18, 2015 (the last day of first semester) staff moral-building PD.
5. Monday March 14, 2016, teachers will have the flexibility to choose to do individual or group prep work on matters of their choosing (i.e. work on final semester grades, technology, gate, CCSS, special ed/gen ed collaboration, organizing, planning.)
6. April 7, 2016 parent conferences 1:30 to 5pm
7. Friday April 8, 2016 12:33 dismissal after PHABO parent conferences
8. On or about May 2, 2016 for elementary articulation
9. Early 2nd semester – PD for Writing across the curriculum / Jane Shaffer
10. June 10, 2016 – prepare for culmination ceremony, and wrap up semester.
3) Item 4170 Funds:
Amounts of funds available not known yet. Some of fund was depleted due to need of hiring long term subs in lieu of hiring teachers that would have caused displacements at the end of the year. Item was deferred until next meeting.
Next meeting October 15, Thursday.
Meeting Adjourned at 4:20pm